Friday, October 19, 2012

Three Months Old...

Well the time is most definitely flying by. The boys are growing so fast that it seems like I have just blinked my eyes and their three month birthday is here and now gone. My time is very consumed with the boys. Westyn is starting to want to stay up more during the day, but he is really good when he is up. Normally he just lays on his play mat or swings in his swing and looks around. Wesley on the other hand loves his sleep. He will normally take his bottle and then about 30 minutes after is fast asleep. They are both starting to squiggle around. We have wedges in their cribs to help keep them elevated, but they are starting to really move around in their cribs. Wesley will normally start up and down how I place him and then when I go to get him out he has managed to get out of his swaddle and sideways in the crib.
 

I am not sure if I had put on here the final results from ECI development, but they came out to evaluate the boys with the therapist this time and they said the boys look great and they don't see anything we should be concerned about. This means that the boys didn't qualify, which is a good thing!! They will keep up with us every couple of months to make sure we have no concerns. So we were blessed with these results.

The boys also had a very special day last Saturday. They were baptized at Grace and we are so thankful for the family and close friends that were there that day to help us celebrate this. The boys still can't take too much passing around from person to person so it's mostly just look and see. They were a little whinny that afternoon, but got back into their normal routine quickly.

 
I took the boys this week to spend some time with their babysitter, Mrs. Vierus, while I went to get my hair done for the wedding. The boys seemed to take to her very good from what she said. I trust her completely and so I have no problems leaving them with her (even though I do miss them while I am not around them). I really think we are so blessed to have her watching the boys because she has been around our family for a long time and I know she is awesome with kiddos and will spoil the boys tremendously!! I am so grateful that she is starting to keep the boys here and there for me so I can get some things done before I have to go back to work on November 5th (which I am dreading). I could really be a stay at home mom!! lol, but the bills come first.. and we our goal is to build our house next year so I am keeping that all in mind and will be heading back to work.

We finally got word from health insurance that they boys were approved for the RSV preventative vaccine. So we went this past Wednesday and got the first go round of it. They both did really good. Just a short cry/whimper and then once I gave them their pacifiers they were good to go. We had to stick around the doctor's office for 30 minutes so the nurses could make sure there wasn't any reactions, which there wasn't, so they sent us home. They will continue to get a shot a month until March possibly April. This just helps them fight off the cold/flu since their immune systems are still weak. So we are very thankful they were approved for this especially before Melvin's wedding tomorrow so we can take them with us.

At the doctors office they had to weigh the boys to see what amount of vaccination they needed. I was thinking oh they are probably around 9 pounds at this point, but boy was I WRONG!! lol - when they nurse said their weights I had to have her repeat it thinking I misheard her.
Westyn - a big 10lbs 8 oz
Wesley  a big 9lbs 12 oz
So we have some growing boys that is for sure. I had just opened two boxes of size newborn diapers that go up to 10lbs the other day to fill up my drawer with so I am hoping I can get use out of them before they get to small and have to move to size 1's.


The boys have also moved up in some of their clothes to 0-3 months. They were in newborns in everything, but now have started to outgrow certain things. I am so excited to get them all dressed up for my brothers wedding tomorrow, and are so happy to be able to share this special day with them. I will have to post some pics on the next post.

I believe that is mostly what has been going on. I am sure I will submit the post and think of other things, but those were the most recent updates.

As always, we want to continue to pray for the boys and hope they continue to grow as well as they have been and that we make it through the cold/flu season without any sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment