Thursday, November 15, 2012

Four Months Old!!

Boy how time is flying by… I can’t believe the holidays are already here and the boys will be 4 Months old on Saturday!!
The boys are continually to grow at a rapid pace!! We went for their four month check up yesterday and they both check out good. Wesley does have a little flat spot on his left side, he seems to favor lying and looking towards the right side, so we are going to have to work on him laying/looking more towards his left side. If all fails he will have to wear a helmet that is designed to shape his head. I am hoping that if we just work with him we won’t have to go the route of the helmet. They both got their second round of the RSV preventative shot and then two additional vaccines. They were not happy at all about the shots, but they just cried for a few minutes and then they settled right down and took a nap.
Stats:
Westyn – 12lbs 14oz – 23 inches long
Wesley – 11lbs 12oz – 22 inches long
Both boys are in the 95th percentile
We stopped by after the doctors visit yesterday to visit our 2 favorite NICU nurses yesterday, Suzanne and Cindi. It was nice to see them again and be able to have them interact with the boys and see how much they have grown and are continuing to grow. Like they said you would never be able to tell at this point that they are preemies.
I went back to work last Monday and the boys are now at the sitter’s. They seem to be adjusting just fine and already love their sitter. The first day wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I did miss them like crazy and I still do miss spending all day/night with them. I think that the first day wasn’t as bad for me since I had to already leave them when they were in the NICU.
I was also contacted by the hospital to see if we would be interested in being the Ambassador family for March of Dimes in 2013 and then also to give a phone interview to Insight Magazine about our NICU experience. I did the phone interview on Monday and that will be published in the January issue. So I am excited to see how it turns out. The March of Dimes takes place in April for March of Babies and we will be speaking at the event along with other events that may come up during the year next year. I am so excited about this and to be able to share our story. It will be a great memory to have and for the boys to look back on someday.
Westyn is starting to stay up more and loves attention from Mommy and Daddy. Whenever you talk to him or play patty cake he just smiles and tries to laugh. He is more alert and loves to just look around and see what is going on. At this point I think he will be our more active boy.  



Wesley is still a little more laid back. He still enjoys his sleep and loves to eat. If he isn’t doing either of those he sometimes has trouble figuring out what to do with himself. He does enjoy lying on his floor mat and looking at the toys and lights. I have also noticed him paying more attention to the fan and lights. He loves to be held and cuddled. Ronnie always says he is such a mommy’s boy, which is perfectly fine with me. J
Until next time.. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! As always keep the prayers coming that the boys stay healthy during the upcoming cold months!!

Westyn wasn't too thrilled about taking a picture for daddy's birthday..

No comments:

Post a Comment