Tuesday, July 24, 2012

We are One Week Old Today!!

I can't believe that the boys are already a week old today. To think that I was laying in the recovery room this time last Tuesday and had jus became a mom to 2 sweet boys. I still think back on that day, and know that I will for a long time, about how everything went so fast and my world took a full 360 degree turn. My heart know belongs to my two sweet boys, Westyn and Wesley. I went to visit them today with their Great Aunt April and they are both doing good. I kangarooed with both boys and it's the best feeling in the world being able to hold them and see how content they are. There is definitely that motherly bond that is strong as ever. Westyn has a little personality of his own. He makes the cutiest expressions and is constantly moving his mouth. He even had a slight smile today. He will open his little eyes and look up and that eye connections just melts my heart. Wesley has changed so much to me already since he was born a week ago. His features are changing so much. I just love his little nose. When the time comes to put them back in there isolette (incubator) it melts my heart. I just want to be able to keep them in my arms forever and take them home with me. Aunt April thinks that they do resemble each other, so we will see as they get older and get more filled out if they will resemble each other or not. They are fraternal so there is a chance they can look identical, but we think they may have their own look. Westyn is now weighing 2lbs 14ozs.. So he is down a little, but they say that is normal and he is still doing great Wesley is now weighing 2lbs 14ozs as well.. So he is up on his weight. He also got his IV's taken out and his bilirubin light is off because his level is down to 3.3 which is great because it was about 7 yesterday. I also reached out today to a non-profit organization called Preemie Prints for emotional support, because I know we have a long road ahead of us and it will be nice to be able to talk to other parents that have been in our shoes. I've reached out to a friend of mine, but will be nice to have others to hear their stories as well. They offer support and also other additional services for free to preemie parents. One of the things is free preemie photos so that will be nice to be able to take so photos that the boys will have for when they get older to look back on. So looking back it's crazy to think that the boys are a year old already, but we are so in love and can't wait to get them healthy and bring them home. I'm super excited for my shower this Sunday to see what all the boys get and be able to complete their room and get it all ready for the day the doctors are able to release them into our care. Once again keep the boys in your prayers and I will keep the updates coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment