Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Daily Visit - July 30, 2012

Well I had my first day back at work after being off for almost two weeks recovering from the c-section yesterday, Monday the 30th. I knew the day would be filled with lots of questions about the babies and the delivery as everyone at work was just as shocked as I was since I had been at work the Monday before the babies arrived. It was definitely nice to be back into a somewhat normal routine and always nice to know you have a good group of people you work with that care so much. The day went by super quick as I played catch up to get everything back on track. I worked until about 3:15 and then headed to College Station to see the boys.

I was greeted by NICU nurse Cindy and she said the boys were doing great. I kangarooed with both boys as me and Cindy talked about my baby shower and how good it went and about how MUCH stuff we received. The time of course flew right by since I only get to hold the boys for about 30 minutes each. I said my goodbyes and I love you's and then headed to the house.

Today the routine started all over again... Wake up at 5:30, pump, shower and head to work... Leave work at 3 and head to see my boys. I kangarooed with both boys today and Suzanne was the NICU nurse and she always lets me sneak in a little more time with the boys so I actually got to hold Wesley for almost on hour and then Westyn was about 35-40 minutes. They are both doing good and had a great night last night. I talked to Sue the Nurse Practitioner and she said both boys are looking great and right where they expect them to be at. She told me that the time will go by quick and they will be coming home before we know it.. So we can only hope she is right.

The boys stats:
Westyn: 3lbs 5.6ounces
Wesley: 3lbs 5.2ounces

They are definitely starting to fill out and Wesley is continuing to catch up with his brother. We are thinking that he might pass up Westyn pretty soon. They have gained about 2 ounces each day this week.. so the breast milk mixed with formula is definitely paying off. They are mixing 1:1 of my breastmilk with formula to make the milk 25 calories a feeding and each boy is now at 30ml (1ounce) of milk per feeding.

I also got a phone call yesterday that the bracelet Ronnie bought me to remind me of the boys while they are in the NICU had come in so I swung by James Avery today and picked it up. It has 2 sets of little boys shoes on it and each shoe has the boys name and their date/time of birth on it. I've added it to my right hand that has the NICU bracelets that I have to wear and keep on in order to get the boys out of the hospital once they graduate from the NICU.

We continue to ask for everyone's prayers in hopes that the boys will be released soon and ready to come home and start all the memories we will have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment