Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Daily Visit - August 1, 2012

I had my shower at the office today and I am so thankful for the gifts that I received. It's great to know that you work with such an awesome caring group of people. We also had snacks that everyone brought.. So after I sampled everything I probably picked up a few pounds that I had lost.. but it was well worth it because it was all super yummy!!

When I called to check on the boys this morning around 10:00a Suzanne said they both were doing good. She gave me their stats:




Westyn: 3lbs 6.2ounces
Wesley: 3lbs 7.7ounces

So as you can see Wesley has passed his brother up.. which from my post yesterday we thought that might happen. Of course it can still all fluctuate, but he is steadily increasing. They both are gaining about 2 ounces a day which is great!!

When I got to the hospital today, Suzanne said that Wesley had been acting up and not doing good with his oxygen levels and being able to keep a steady stat of the rate they like which is around 100. He was stating at around 81-82. So she thought maybe he just needed some mommy time. So we got all set up and she handed him over to me, but he still wasn't cooperating so she decided she needed to call the nurse practitioner to see what they recommended. They decided they needed to put him back on a small amount of oxygen just to help out. She said Wesley isn't stressing or doesn't look to be having any trouble breathing she said sometimes after their belly's are full after feeding their diaphram will push on their lungs and that can cause them not to stat right. So Donna came in and place his oxygen back on and she said it is a very low level. Just a whisp of oxygen and nothing to be concerned about, just part of the preemie stages. So we ended up having to put Wesley up after just about 5-10 minutes so they could get his levels right. Once they added the small amount of oxygen his stats went right up to where they needed to be.

Also, while I was attempting to hold Wesley, Suzanne was telling me they are definitely trying to find their boundaries and that she has caught Wesley scooting around where he ends up laying sideways in his "condo" instead of up and down.

Westyn was pretty calm today. He didn't really have much going on. I kangarooed with him for about 45 minutes and we definitely create tons of body heat when we are together. I end up getting pretty toasty by the time our visit is up. He was pretty content today as you can tell from the picture.

They also got moved into new issolettes today. Suzanne said they normally change them out every 14 days. The one they are in is just a tad bit different, but as the nurses say it's their new "condo" to grow in.

All in all it was a pretty good day. We are hoping that daddy decides to hold the boys so they can get their bonding time in, but we are letting him decide on his own time and not pressuring him. I know that once he does it for the first time he will be so much more comfortable and we will probably end up fighting over whose turn it is!

Once again, keep the prayers coming as always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment