Saturday, August 25, 2012

Finished Nursery!!

The boys are doing great. They are growing and gaining weight!! We are so happy with their progress as always. They are still exploring with the nursing. Westyn has actually nursed a few times and Wesley has done good at trying, but is struggling at it a little more. I talked to the lactation nurse and she said that I should be really happy with Westyn's nursing that he has done and not to get discouraged because they are still young and have a lot of growing to do. So we are staying positive with the nursing and going to keep trying. The boys are doing good with their bottles. They were getting two bottle feedings a day and were both taking the full bottle. So today they added another bottle to their eating routine and that just puts us one step closer to them coming home!! YAY!!!

I am trying to get everything as organized around the house as I possibly can before we get the great news that the boys are ready to come. I am reading up on some twin books and have found some great advice in the books that I hope will work for me. We are so anxious to get them home and it is getting so hard on me to leave them at the hospital.. especially now that they are more lively it seems like. I know they are still were they need to be so I just tell myself that everytime I go to tell them bye.

I know in the last post I put the nurses had mentioned about putting the boys in the same room. Well that hasn't happened yet. They NICU has been super busy this week with I believe 5 new admissions and so they haven't had a chance to transfer the boys into one room.. which is perfectly fine. I know it will all happen in time.

Stats:
Westyn: 5 lbs 6 ounces
Wesley: 5 lbs 2 ounces

Well I have finally finished the nursery. I am so excited on how it all turned out. My vision in my head definitely came to life if not better then what I imagine. The room that was once empty is now completely filled!! Probably a little overfilled from all the gifts that the boys have received, but it will all come into great use. (It actual overflows into the guest room and living room!!) I want to thank Amanda Klehm and her mom once again for everything they helped make for the room. I can't wait to bring the boys home and put EVERYTHING to use!! Hope you all enjoy the photos!!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment