Friday, August 17, 2012

One Month Old!

Were has the time gone... One month already!! I just can't believe how fast time is already flying by and we don't even have the boys home yet. They are continuing to grow at a steady pace. When I arrived today I told Sandi that I wanted to dress them up because it was their one month birthday!! She had no problem with me doing it. I told her I wanted to take some photos and we laughed about doing a photo shoot. I told her I just wanted to get a picture of each boy in their one month outfit.. but of course once I started to take pictures it turned into more of a photo shoot because I just couldn't quit flashing the camera to capture all the memories.

Both boys are continuing to try to nurse or "explore" where their groceries come from. They are both doing good, but have some more learning until they master it. The NICU wants me coming twice a day now instead of just in the afternoon. So starting tomorrow I will be getting to the hospital at 8 for their feeding and then coming back at 5 for that feeding. They will also be introducing the bottle to the boys tonight..So I am interested to see how that turns out. We are praying for the best and that the "light" triggers on eating so they can come home.

I was very surprised yesterday when Dorothy told me that they had been taken off their caffeine, which they were on to remind them to breathe, and they weren't having any episodes. So she said really the only thing holding them back from going home is getting off the feeding tube. So we are getting really close to our boys coming home!! It really put it into realistic perspective that I need to get on the ball with things because they might be sent home any day now.

So when I got home yesterday I started with the deep cleaning on the house. I figured I would try to get one room a night done and on the weekends knock out the kitchen and living room!! My mind has just been running today on everything that needs to be done still. I went and got the rest of the items order off my Target registry and now just have to work on the Babies R Us one. I have to start washing clothes and deciding do I keep the preemie size or go with newborn since they are growing so fast!! So many decisions!! But I am so excited and just can't wait.

Westyn was also taken off one of his monitors today that checks the oxygen levels in his blood.. this is the monitor that is normally always going off that we watch so closely to make sure they are stating right.. which he has been so they took him off. Sandi said that Wesley is not far behind him. I am really hoping they stay neck and neck with everything so we can take them home at the same time.

Stats:
Westyn - 4lbs 11.7ounces
Wesley - 4lbs 12ounces




Until next time - Happy One Month Birthday to my sweet baby boys!! Keep the prayers coming because God is definitely answering them and keeping them healthy and growing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment