Friday, August 3, 2012

Daddy's First Kangaroo

So Ronnie finally had his first Kangaroo tonight with Westyn. Westyn was definitely happy to have his daddy hold him. Ronnie held him for about 20-25 minutes and then we placed him back into the issolette. The whole time Westyn was so content, making faces (Even smiled), and alert. I know that he has been waiting for his bonding time with his dad. I definitely treasured the time that they spent together and now hopefully Ronnie will be more comfortable holding them were we can switch off since I see them mostly during the week.


We were unable to hold Wesley because he is still on oxygen and his stats are still going up and down. I asked Josie, NICU nurse tonight, if everything was okay and normal and she said there is nothing to worry about that their lungs are still developing and they are just growing. So I told her that I didn't want to take him out of his environment if he was content and happy. We did watch him for awhile and talked to him. He is quite the wiggle worm. He was moving all around his issolette and that is alot of the time the reasons his monitors are beeping is because of how active he is. It was funny to look thru the window into Westyn's room and see him so content and still and then Wesley just moving all around.





Their Stats:

Westyn - 3lbs 9ounces
Wesley - 3lbs 9.1ounces

We laughed about Wesley trying to stay .1 up on his brother now. They are both definitely growing and tolerating their feeds well which is a great positive. Hopefully Wesley will come back off his oxygen soon or get his stats right so we can hold him again. It's killing me now that I haven't really been able to hold him for 3 days, but I know they nurses know what is best and we will just continue to stick with the routine that best fits them.

I met with Amber from Preemie prints yesterday while I was kangarooing with Westyn and it was very nice to be able to share our experiences with each other. She invited me and Ronnie to their local meeting next Friday so hopefully we can make it there and meet other parents. She gave us a NICU "welcome" back and it has all kinds of neat things in it for the boys that are perfect for preemies. Some of the outfits are just so tiny and I can't wait to be able to dress the boys up once they get a little bigger.

Until next time - and as always keep the prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment