Sunday, August 5, 2012

Daily Visit - August 5, 2012

We had a great weekend visit with the boys.

Saturday - I went with my mom and dad to see the boys and run some errands while Ronnie was busy with hay. When we got to the hospital me and my mom went in first and right away I noticed that Westyn was wearing clothes!! It was so cute to see him dressed up and I was so surprised on how big the Preemie clothes look on him!! It really put into perspective how tiny they really are. Sandi informed me that he was now at room temperature in his issolette and that is why he was wearing clothes. She said once he "masters" this he will then be moving to an open crib!! So exciting!! After I visited with Westyn for a few minutes I went over to Wesley's room and checked on him. He is still on his oxygen, but constantly moving and even tries to pick up his head. He is still doing good and the nurses continue to tell me not to worry about the oxygen that it is completely normal with being preemie. She said they did an x-ray on his chest and bloodwork on his blood count and everything is completely normal so that was definitley a sigh of relief. I got to kangaroo with Westyn, but Wesley still wasn't stating completing good so Sandi felt best not to disturb him. So I told Wesley he better start acting right so daddy can hold him.
  Westyn Wesley

Stats on Saturday:
Westyn: 3lbs 9 ounces
Wesley: 3lbs 11 ounces

Sunday - Me and Ronnie went to visit the boys and they both are still doing great. We got there right as they were completing their feedings and Sandi told us we would be able to hold both boys today. I was so happy that we were going to be able to hold Wesley because it had been a couple of days and I was beginning to feel like we were leaving him out. Westyn finished feeding first so I told Ronnie he could hold both boys since I am there everyday during the week and he doesn't get to go as much during the week. Sandi handed Westyn over to Ronnie and you can just tell that the boys love their daddy. He was smiling and smirking the whole time!! I told Ronnie it made me jealous because they just sleep when I hold them. Westyn was even making noise and just so happy the whole time. It's always the fastiest 30 minutes of the day. As Ronnie was holding Westyn the nurse practionioner came in to do her examine and she said everything looked good. She told Ronnie that they boys aren't as fragile was they look and they are stronger then you think. I was really happy that she told him that because I definitely think that will make him feel more comfortable. We then moved on the Wesley and let me tell you he did the exact same thing!! Just a smiling and looking at his daddy the whole time. It definitely melted my heart to see both boys so happy. I know that Welsey was waiting to get his bonding time with his dad and hopefully this will help increase his stats to get him off the oxygen. His stats were good the whole time Ronnie was holding him. All in all we had a great visit and it was short lived as always. We are just so ready to bring the boys home and start taking care of them.





Westyn
Wesley


Stats today (Sunday):
Westyn 3lbs 11 ounces
Wesley 3lbs 12 ounces

Once we finished all our errands today and came home I started getting more things together in the nursery. It is finally all starting to come together. I will definitely post pictures once I have it all complete. It is turning out exactly how I pictured it!! I can't wait for the boys to actually be here so we can put everything to use!! As we were putting some items together tonight me and Ronnie just looked at each other and he said how realistic it's getting that they will be home soon since we were getting things ready and all set up!! We can't wait!!

Once again --- Keep the prayers coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment