Tuesday, August 21, 2012

5 Weeks Old!!

The boys are continuing to do well and grow!! We are still so happy with their progress and keep praying they will be sent home soon. Today marks their 5 week old birthday!! Can't believe how fast the boys are growing. It is bittersweet to know they are 5 weeks old and I can feel the guilt from time to time of not having them home and what I did wrong that they first weeks of their lives we don't have them around, but then I have to redirect my thoughts to the fact that they are doing awesome and they are healthy and will be home soon. I know God has a plan for everything and this all happened for a good reason.

At my visit yesterday, once I was finished nursing Wesley, Dorothy was examining Westyn and brought him into Wesley's room and let me take some pictures of the boys together!! I was so excited to have them together and couldn't get my phone fast enough to snap some pictures.

The traveling is definitely starting to take a toll on me even though it has only been 4 days of going to College Station twice a day. I don't complain though because it gives me some extra time with my boys to be able to bond with them. The nursing is going good. They had a lazy day today and weren't interested too much and just wanted to be held more I think. They have increased them to 2 bottles a day and I asked the nurse if that might be why they weren't as interested today since they had more bottle feedings now and might be just trying to adjust and she said that was possible. The nurse practitioner said to not give up and just give it time. So we are staying on track and hoping for the best. The nurses told me before this all started, and I might have put it in prior blogs, that the feeding part can be the most frustrating because it is the last step in order for them to come home and there is nothing they can do to make them feed it's strictly up to the boys. So PLEASE PLEASE PRAY they get it soon so we can bring them home. They are doing pretty good with the bottle feeding which is a plus!! We will just continue with the nursing efforts and hope and pray it all comes out good.

The boys also had a eye screening test today, so we are hoping to have the results from that in the next couple of days. The nurse felt pretty confident that all is well because the doctor didn't mention anything after he was done with it.

The nurse practitioner mentioned today about putting the boys in the same crib so they can be together. Sandi was going to get them put in the same crib today after their eye screening, but it got busy in the NICU and they received 3 new babies today so when I got there at 5 they hadn't been switched to the same room. I asked her about it and she said she was going to ask the night nurse to do it once things settled down. So hopefully I will have a surprise in the morning!!

The nursery is definitely coming along. I just have to finish the book shelves and I will be posting pictures of the final product. I don't think my vision would have come alive without the help of Amanda Klehm and her mom (Crafty Divas).. They did so much for the room and it all turned out super cute!! I was so excited when she brought it all to me and can't believe how great everything looks!! Sometimes I just wish I would have taken on sewing when my mom tried to get me into it.. because now days there are so much neat crafts you can do for babies.

Stats: WE HAVE REACHED 5lbs!!!!
Westyn - 5lbs 1.9ounces
Wesley - 5lbs .8ounces

As you can see Westyn has passed his brother back up.. but they are still neck and neck!!



Until next time --- as always --- keep the PRAYERS coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment