Friday, August 10, 2012

First Day to Miss My Daily Visit

So a lot to me has changed within the last couple of days... They boys are still doing great and continuing to grow. The nurses and doctors are still pleased with their progress. Westyn is still in his big boy crib and now Wesley has graduated to a big boy crib and both are doing awesome keeping their body temperatures up. The nurse told me that they will probably put them in the same crib soon so they can be in the same room. I was hesitant when she told me that because when they come home I want to put them in separate cribs. So I asked her if that would affect them once they get home and be used to being together, but she told me they are so small now they wont even realize they are in the crib together. She said when they are sent home they recommend that you put them in separate cribs.

Yesterday was the first day that I have missed going to visit the boys and I am for sure having withdrawals and so ready to head up today for our visit... Just waiting on daddy to get done with hay. I told the nurses on Wednesday that I wouldn't be there Thursday because I was going to try to put in some overtime at work and then go to dinner with a group of ladies that I used to work with that are very close to me. So of course the nurses jokingly tried to give me a hard time, but told me just to call a couple of extra times on Thursday and it would all be okay. Which I took their word and called multiple times to check up on the boys. Of course, every time they told me they were doing great and nothing to worry about so it always eased my mind after I had spoke with them. I can't wait to go up today and visit them and see Wesley in his big boy crib since he was put in there yesterday after his 3pm feeding.

The boys are continuing to grow. Westyn is at 37ml at each feeding and Wesley is at 33ml at each feeding.

Stats:
Westyn: 4lbs 0.1ounces
Wesley: 4lbs 2ounces (he hasn't pooped yet {big thing in the NICU} so they are expecting that he might loose some weight once he does. They said when measuring in ounces that going potty can make a big difference.)

We are headed to college station in about an hour with Russell and Morgan to do our daily visit and to get our holding time in. I will post some pictures this weekend of both boys in their big boy cribs.

Till next time - Prayers are welcome as always!! We seem to be getting one step closer to bringing the boys home and we can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment