Sunday, August 12, 2012

First Family Photo!!

We had a great visit today! We had to have a little earlier visit because I had to work today and so I had told Suzanne on Saturday that we would be there around 9am today. Which we had planned just right because she wanted me to try to nurse Westyn since he had been doing so well with his paci. I tried to nurse him on Saturday, but he just fell straight asleep. When we got to the hospital this morning Westyn was very alert and sucking on the paci. So Suzanne checked his vitals and then let me change my first poopy diaper!! That was quiet an experience, but it is so nice to be able to interact with them and start stepping in to take care of them and do all the mommy tasks! Ronnie of course set back while I changed the diaper and made the faces of that little man can put off that much of a smell..!! So now he knows what he has to look forward to.

After we got finished with that she had mentioned to us about taking Westyn into Wesley's room for some pictures and that made my day when she said that. I was so excited to finally get them together!! So she proceeded to check Wesley's vitals while me and Ronnie spent some time with Westyn and after she was finished with Wesley she came back in and unhooked Westyn and we went into Wesley's room to take our FIRST FAMILY PHOTO!! Ronnie held Westyn and I held Wesley and my heart just melted as our family was finally together in one room. It really brings tears to my eyes now and I can't want to bring them home and it is getting harder and harder to leave them now that they are getting more alert and continuing to grow. I keep telling myself I know they are where they need to be and they will be home soon enough, but it still is the hardest thing leaving my little love muffins there.


After we took our family photo we both switched off holding both boys and that definitely makes it set in that we have twins. I just can't explain what a great feeling it was. After all the pictures Suzanne took Westyn back in his room and Ronnie took Wesley from me so I could go to Westyn's room and try to nurse him. So I headed to Westyn's room and Suzanne handed him over and I tried to nurse. He did take interest in it, but after about 8 minutes he was done and ready to nap again. So we put him back in the crib to get his feeding. Suzanne was very impressed and has talked to the nurse practioner and we are going to go ahead and start trying to nurse him once a day to see how he does and then we will build from there! While I was nursing Westyn, Suzanne started Wesley's feeding and Ronnie held him during that. Once his feeding was over he switched to Westyn and help him for the rest of his feeding. All in all we had a great visit and is definitely a day we will remember with all the stuff we got to experience today with the boys.

Stats:
Westyn - 4lbs 4.5ounces
Wesley - 4lbs 4.7ounces
The nursery is still coming together and I am very close to having it all completed and I can't wait to post pictures to show everyone where the boys will get to come home to. We are hoping it might be in about 4 weeks from what I had talked to the nurse practionioner about, but we know it just depends on how well they do with everything.

Once again, as always, keep the prayers coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment