Wednesday, August 15, 2012

4 Weeks Old!

Where is the time going… It feels like the days are all flowing together as one. My days seem like they are repetitive and my routine is definitely a tiring one, but it’s all worth it! The boys were 4 weeks old yesterday!! I just can’t believe it has already been 4 weeks. I remember writing the blog last week when they were just 3 weeks and now it’s 4 weeks and 2 more days they will be a MONTH OLD!! We are so anxious to bring the boys home. We just can’t wait. The boys are continuing to grow!
Westyn has been exploring with nursing since Saturday and I can tell that he is hopefully getting the idea in his head that this is where his “groceries” come from as the NICU nurse says. We started Wesley on nursing yesterday and he did a great job with exploring. So we are hoping that both boys will be great breast feeders!! I am continuing to try to nurse each day and they want me to try to be there close to feedings so that they boys are alert. I am so glad we have started this because this is one of the last things they need to do before getting released from the NICU. The nurses have told me that this can also be the most frustrating phase because there is nothing we can do to make them feed on their own. They just have to pick it up on their own. So let’s pray they pick it up fast!!
The boys both had hearing test done on Monday and both past the test. The nurse said the boys were both asleep during the test, which she said was good. They put headphones on them and then a stick monitor pad on the front and back of their heads. So the headphones concentrate on the ear drum and the monitor pads check the brain waves. So we were so pleased to hear that.
Stats:
Westyn – 4lbs 9.8ounces
Wesley – 4lbs 8.7ounces
Westyn has passed his brother back up. I love calling in the morning to check on them and see how close they are with their weights. I was talking to the Nurse Practitioner yesterday and was telling her that I am thinking that I won’t need preemie clothes at the rate they are growing (no complaints on the weight gain!). She agreed with me. Sunday I had just picked up about 8 preemie outfits.. So now I will be taking them back to get either newborn or 0-3 months!! Definitely not a bad thing because the bigger they get the more calories they are storing and that is one of the things they need to do in order to be released!!
Once again.. Keep the prayers coming!! We hope to have the boys home soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment