Sunday, September 2, 2012

The BIG DAY has arrived!!!

We are excited to finally say the BOYS ARE COMING HOME!!! We got the news Saturday afternoon that if the boys did good the rest of the day and last night (ate and gained weight) then we would be looking at them coming home Monday. Well they did eat well and gained weight so when I went to do my feeding this morning I got the news that we will be rooming in tonight at the hospital and bringing our boys home with us tomorrow. We are so excited and nervous all at the same time. I have been frantically cleaning and preparing everything at the house yesterday and today so that I can have it all ready for them to come home tomorrow.

We will be rooming in at the hospital tonight. The boys will be a room with us and we will be on our own. The boys will be monitor free and it will all be motherly/fatherly instincts!! If we have any questions the nurses are just right outside, but this gives us a chance to take care of them and then have support if we need it.

On Saturday at our morning visit/feed. Suzanne was going over with us any questions that we had and trying to fill us in on last minute information. Ronnie experienced his first feeding with Westyn... and it was a slow one. We figured he was trying to poop because he kept turning red.. and sure enough when Suzanne took over he showed us we were right. He did need to go to the bathroom. It is definitely different feeding a preemie compared to feeding a term baby. I am getting used to it and hopefully Ronnie will pick up the on the swing of things soon.

 
 
 
 
 
We got our carseats installed last night thanks to one of my good friends Nora and her husband. It was one of those things I had been pushing off.. so I was frantic when I didn't have it done yet and they were gracious enough to have us come over last night and help us get them installed.

Before I was leaving from my feed this morning, Suzanne was beginning to test the boys out in their carseats. She said they leave them in the carseats with the monitors on to see how they do. Westyn was the first to be tested so I got a picture of him in his seat.. and of course he looks itty bitty. I will have to get a picture of Wesley once we get him loaded and ready tomorrow.

I keep trying to think of how this is all going to go. The doctors/nurses told me the time would fly by... but you really don't think about it till they are telling you it's time to room in and they are going to be going home. It has definitely been a long 7 months, but we have met a TONS of great people. We consider the NICU ladies/men our second family and they will always hold a special place in our hearts because they helped support and raise our boys to make them grow and become strong enough to be sent home. I can't wait to start taking care of them and be able to do all the things that a mother does.

Stats:
Westyn - 5lbs 15oz
Wesley - 5lbs 9.9oz

As always keep the prayers coming!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment