Friday, September 7, 2012

We are finally all home together!!

Well this week has definitely been a great week altogether!! We are so excited to finally have both boys are home. Westyn got to come home yesterday (9-6-12) and Wesley of course was already at home and has been since Monday. They are both doing great. It was bittersweet leaving the NICU yesterday. All the staff in the NICU are definitely family and will always have a special place in our hearts. We met some awesome nurses and I loved getting to know each and everyone of them. They were all full of excellent information and made our process in the NICU a memorable one that we will treasure forever. I never thought I would have an experience like this in my life, but I am glad that the staff at the Med Center are so amazing and make the experience a good one even though it was difficult seeing the boys hooked up to everything all the time. I shared some good laughs with the nurses and they know how to make you feel comfortable. We will definitely miss them and plan to stay in touch just as much as we can. We are looking forward to the NICU reunions that they hospital holds yearly.

Wesley had his first check up on Wednesday with his Pediatrician, Dr. Meyer, she said everything looked good. He gained weight which is awesome. He is now 5lbs 14 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long. His weight has probably increased since then, but that was as of Monday. We went ahead and scheduled Westyn's first appt for Monday and then their first set of Vaccines in 2 weeks (mommy is not looking forward to that one).

Westyn left the hospital weighing a big 6lbs 3oz so he is growing like crazy and getting so chunky... I could just kiss on them two all day long.

We are starting to have visitor's, which I love, because I am so excited for the boys to meet everyone. I do have a big bottle of sanitizer and I do ask that everyone either wash or sanitize before they touch. The nurses went over with us that since they are preemie's they are more susceptible to getting sick so it's good to take all the preventative measures in trying to avoid that. So when you come to visit don't be surprise if that is something I ask of you! ;)

 
All in all this week has been amazing. I am still trying to keep up on my rest so I don't get run down. Ronnie's mom is staying with us for a couple of days and then my mom will be here next week. We are grateful for all the help. Please continue to keep the boys in your prayers so that they continue to grow and stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment