Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Two Months Already!

Well I have fallen behind on my blog.. Now that the boys are home my time is definitely more limited. They do keep me busy even though they are still sleeping a majority of the time. We are trying to stick to a routine that the NICU had them on which I really think has been the best thing that could have happened for us. They are eating every 4 hours and I am still feeding them at the same time, so that has really helped with me not having to take a full hour for feedings and then having to pump afterwards. The breastfeeding still isn't going as well as I had planned, but I am still pumping so they are still continuing to get my milk. I have had to add another formula to their feedings because I am unable to keep up with how much they are eating. They are not eating 100 ml at each feed. Which is roughly 3ozs and 10 ml (30ml is an ounce - for those who don't know). I am only getting roughly 4 ounces each time I pump so they have surpassed me. My thoughts are as long as I can keep up and just add an additional formula then we are good. They are still getting the nutrients from my milk and the nutrients form the Neosure (Formula) they are on.

I can't believe the boys are already 2 months old now.. Where has the time gone? Well if you count me writing the blog today they are 10 weeks and growing. It is simply amazing to look at them now and see how much they have already changed. We are having a lady from I believe it's called ESI come out this Friday to see how they are developing since they are premature. They will more then likely be 12 weeks behind since I had them 12 weeks early. So I am curious to see how that goes on Friday and what their thoughts are.






Last Friday we went to their 2 month check-up with the pediatrician. This was also the check-up they would be receiving their vaccines. So thankfully Ronnie was off work and he was able to go with me. They ended up getting 2 shots, and the nurses that gave the shots were awesome. Very fast!! They even held them down so I didn't have to do that which I am terrified of having to watch. We just stood ready to rescue and have their pacifiers ready once they were done. The boys did a great job, just a little whin and then once they got their pacifiers they were good to go.  Other then the shots that day the pediatrician was very happy with their progress and she said she doesn't need to see them back till 4 months because they are doing so well. So that is a PLUS! We are waiting to hear from them to see if the boys were approved for a RSV Preventative shot that they can get from October - March to help fight off cold/flu since they don't have those antibodies in their system. I also asked her about their spitting up. She said it's normal and that she wanted me to add a teaspoon of cereal to their milk to make it a little thicker to see if that helps. We have been doing that and it has helped so we are thankful for that. We are just hoping now that it doesn't mess up their digestive system and cause them to get constipated.. so we are watching that.

Today we are having Shannon Buck come out to take their newborn pictures.. So I am super excited to see what ideas she has and how the pictures will turn out. I will have to post later and let you know how that goes.

Stats:
Westyn - 7lbs 8 ozs
               19 3/4 inches long
Wesley - 7lbs 3ozs
               20 1/2 inches long
              
 
 Westyn and his Wubbanub
 
 
 
 Wesley relaxing
 
Till next time - keep the boys in your prayers that everything continues to go as well as it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment